Sunday 4 May 2008

April Showers

Work commitments had kept me extra busy for some weeks and I hadn’t even had the chance to see my close friends who live nearby. For the monthly meal we settled on a return to Eden, to try the atmosphere with a few more diners. For the second month running I’d tried to get in to town before 5pm, so I could go and do a bit of shopping in King Street, but again, the timing was against me and I didn‘t get in to town until about 6pm. I was very early for the meet at Eden though, and had a cocktail in the bar area, and settled to read the paper. It was all quite relaxed in there.
Eventually June, Kate, and then Jaime arrived, and we had a lovely meal with superb service. Afterwards it was over to Nap’s, to show June the new premises, where we stayed until closing time. The place was buzzing, and it was a pleasant surprise to bump in to Cathryn and co. Mary told us about the changes with Northern Concord, and the new re-branded Manchester Concord, which I’m happy to support. Anyway, I’m now member 39! They’re also going to have a great location at the Rem for Sparkle in June, with a good view of the proceedings in the gardens on the Saturday.

No comments: