Wednesday 12 November 2008

So now big sis knows!

I’d decided last month, after some mild prompting by Mrs L, to introduce my sis, who was in the country for 10 day vacation, to the younger sister she never had. We were having a coffee in the supermarket after shopping, when I broached the issue, and pulled out my avatar photo from my wallet. Well, you just couldn’t have scripted the reaction! After I made my admission, my sis told me that in her country, she knew people on the tv/ts scene, and made her own admission to me, as to how that came about!

We had planned to spend 5 days in London doing the tourist trail, as we hadn’t done this since we were teens. Well after one full day of heavy sight-seeing in the capital, the plans were changed somewhat. On our first night there, 2 sisters could be seen arm in arm walking along the Embankment, looking for Blackfriars Pier, as I’d already booked places in advance for the Rose’s boat trip on Saturday. Then the following day, it was a full-on shopping day at Bluewater for 7 hours, again for 2 sisters. Seemed to spend forever in John Lewis (trying on strapless bra’s for example!) trying on Jigsaw and Hobbs’ dresses. I also never knew Per Una had such a big range. Bluewater was crowded though, which was surprising, as I thought there was a recession on the cards?! It could have been a lot worse though for us! As we walked through the revolving door at John Lewis at 10 am, it suddenly stopped working whilst we were in the middle, and it was like we were stuck in a goldfish bowl! Then the alarm started sounding, and various staff appeared to come and see this tranny with her sister, whilst they physically pushed the door system round so that the 2 trapped girls could escape!

The next day we visited Hay’s Galleria, and strolled along the embankment, did some shopping, and took loads of pictures. I approached a group of girls in Starbucks where we were having lunch, to ask for local directions, and they were quite cool to talk to. I think I surprised my sis, as I don’t think she expected me to open my mouth to speak to anyone in there!

At 6pm we’d arranged to meet a couple of sis’s friends who were joining us for the Rose’s cruise, for a meal at the Howard Hotel, near to Temple Station, by the Embankment. This was an awesome experience! The staff in there were buzzing around us! Walking through the crowded hotel bar to get through to the restaurant, and having doors opened for us on the way: a very enjoyable and head-turning experience. The loos in there were superb, and I received one or two smiles from other girls in there, as we ‘powdered noses’.

The cruise itself was spectacular; the Thames embankments look very impressive lit up. The company on the boat was great. It was lovely to see Helena Love, working unofficially with her camera, TJ and Dave, Jane, Astrid and San, and other girls who I met for the first time. I'd recommend it for next time, to anyone who hasn't been before.

For the last couple of days, we’d been reminiscing about any giveaway signs I may have left when we were younger, but it seems like most young trannies, I seemed to have successfully covered my tracks in those days. A funny thing is that now it’s also payback time for me, as when we were teens, I used to raid her wardrobe. This week she’s been trying on my clothes!

No comments: