Saturday 1 September 2007

Nearly caught!

I was travelling in Central Europe a few weeks ago, and had to go through the security scanner at the airport. Now I rarely wear socks at any time, only for business meetings and to the gym, and as this occasion was neither, I was flying 'casual'.

So, as usual, I wore the bare minimum going through the scanner. No belt, pockets empty, no jewellery, so that should have got me through ok. Wrong! And, my toe nails were painted the coolest shade of Chanel's Miami Peach, as I just remembered, just as the scanner beeped as I walked through the scanner frame!

So anywhere else, it's a swipe with the metal detector, and then the shoes have to come off and go through the scanner. But this time, it was just a quick pat-down, and then I got the ok to proceed!

Phew!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

close one ! lol xxx

Jess said...

And the problem with your toes being painted Miami Peach is.....?

Glad you got away with it though!

Lisa Karen Devonshire said...

Hi Jess!
Thanks for dropping by!
Don't get me wrong, I love the colour, but being caught wearing any colour nail varnish might have caused me some grief that day, passing through Central Europe!

Julia said...

Hi, I got caught by the airport security in Paris. The metal bits in my basque (hooks at the back and underwiring bits) were enough to set it off. Not so much embarassing, I was more worried about being separate from my mobile phone, keys, camera, watch and coins whilst I was taken aside for a quick frisk. Done by a man, though. Rats.
Julia