Friday 12 October 2007

Lisa Karen: Turbo Tranny?

It's been one of those great weeks where I've been out and about socially for 3 days on the run.

On Tuesday afternoon I had an appointment at the Beauticians near to home, and after checking with them, arranged to go dressed, which the staff were looking forward to. Parking in the pay and display at the end of the road was easy and quiet enough at 4pm, and then there was just one road to cross, and then a 200 yard walk past shops and car dealers, in let's say, not one of Cheshire's most desirable 5 star shopping areas. Still, I got there safely, received a lovely warm greeting from Charlotte, and we got on with the full leg waxing and frenchnail polishing. Two hours later, I'd also agreed to an eyebrow, hand and arm wax as well, and we'd had a great time chatting away, with me trying to explain to Charlotte about Tv's and Ts's. After she'd originally presumed, 'Right, so TS's only fancy men then?', I thought I'd try my best to educate her with the knowledge I had. I'll be testing her when I go back next month.

The following evening was the Angels October meal in the Manchester Village, which I'd booked for 9 girls. We had a fab time in Taurus, and then got treated to the Broadway drag cabaret in Churchills, by Liza Minnelli, Dolly Parton (how did she manage to gyrate those boobs like that?) and Bette Midler. Si was her usual mischievious self, but we coped, and Imogen was disappointed there wasn't a 4th and 5th course at the meal. It was also lovely to meet Marianne and Vicky for the first time, a really lovely couple. If only more wives could meet Vicky.
Stuart at AXM was still recovering from his recent birthday (23? Yeah right!) but was well enough for me to buy him a birthday drink! I also took the time to book the November meal and Christmas meal at Villaggio's in Canal Street. I had a fun few minutes at the bar talking to a flustered Slovakian waitress, and an amused Chinese one, whilst waiting for them to print off the Christmas menu for me!

Then on Thursday, I was over at MAC Liverpool for a morning booked makeover at the Met Centre. I decided on stretch jeans, and I'd never worn them out before, but they were quite comfortable. It seems to be the way girls dress these days when they're in town and not at work, so I went for the 'blend in' look. I had my brown high heeled boots, browny patterned smock top bought from Principles on Monday, and my long black fitted jacket. The ever-gorgeous Michelle did the business for me, new foundation that I'm so happy with, and new eye colours that really looked great. I was thrilled with the job! Ok, £120 lighter after all the bits I'd bought, but I don't do this every week. She really gave me an extra confidence to shop in the other stores in the Met, which is usually quiet in the weekday mornings anyway. Whistles had a sale on and the staff were great and courteous with me, with time for a bit of banter too! I tried on a couple of outfits; one flouncy sleeveless top was £120 and very fiddly to try on, with little metal bits sewn in, that were coming apart even as I handled it on the rail, but I liked the colours and wanted to try it on. Their dressing rooms are really so plush! Anyway, whilst putting it on even more bits came off, but I went out to the big mirror, and it looked good, and the girl offered 10% discount if I took it 'as seen'. So when I went to take it off I got stuck. Don't know why. There was some kind if tight elastic on the waist which was getting stuck somewhere, and I couldn't get it up past my chest! So, off came the hair, out came the boobs, another couple of metal bits came off the top, but I finally got it off. Phew, it can get hot in those changing rooms! I decided not to buy it; too much hassle, but I wouldn't have spent that much on it anyway!

After that it was back to the carpark, and that part of town was filling up. Just 2 roads to cross to the carpark, and easy peasy it was. Then I had an appointment in E.Port to do some little handygirl jobs (I'm a dab hand with my Dremmel!) where I was welcomed as Lisa, and stayed there working for the day, before heading back for home at 6.

A great few days, and becoming more a part of my regular routine now, I'm happy to say.

1 comment:

Kay Denise. said...

Nice to see you getting about and having pleasant experiences although naturally being a few pounds lighter in money terms!! I think "Si" would be preferred to be called Simon although not easy I know. See you soon? :-)