Sunday 28 October 2007

Merci beaucoup, Aubrey!

Whilst in Paris on business I had a wander into Sephora, the big continental perfume and
cosmetics chain. I'd been really impressed with Kate Jones's travel make up kit recently, so
when I saw the new gift range in the store, I just had to treat myself to their cosmetic travel
case, which had only been out for 3 days. So, chatting to the gorgeous sales assistant, Aubrey, (Bob does have a tendency to flirt with the better looking shop girls) I asked her what else was new. So in the end she'd sold me some pro tweezers and also this fancy electric eye lash curler thing. By this time I'd told her that I was actually buying for myself, and showed her the avatar photo I carry in my wallet. She just gave me a little smile and approving nod, and didn't run off with her arms waving in the air screaming, so I thought I'd done ok.

So, as I join the queue to pay, she comes behind the till girl and says to me that she's putting in a few little samples for me, and I watch her drop a couple of things into the bag. I thought that was a lovely touch, and went over to say thanks again on my way out of the store.

Anyway, when I finally got back to the hotel and emptied the carrier bag, I found that she'd
actually put TEN different samples of creams and scents in the bag!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a real nice story Lisa ! You real charmer you !
(sorry, came to this post a little late) xxx