Sunday 7 June 2009

Shopping time

Three visits to Cheshire Oaks in the last 4 days: yes, things are getting back to normal, and I’m enjoying the interaction with other shoppers and staff. It was pleasant to get back to Phase Eight, where I picked up a lovely blouse, reduced from £45 to £13.50. The sales assistant was great fun, telling me about her recent fab family vacation to Vegas. A surreal moment: I was trying on a blouse and 2 dresses in the far cubicle, and wasn’t in any hurry. After a few minutes, I heard one of the girls ask: ‘Is everything alright? Lady in the far cubicle?!’

I also had a bit of time in Next Clearance, where I picked up a jacket, black velvet skinny jeans, shorts and a long white floaty skirt. Had to take the jacket back on Saturday though, as I’d picked up a size 16, but I must have dropped a size in the last few months!

On Wednesday night I also made my first visit to my local Tesco. It was late on in the evening, and I had long enough to pick up a basket-load of basics. The double-take from the young check out girl when she looked was a picture, and the smile that she returned was lovely!

3 comments:

Lucie G said...

Welcome back. A great story of times out.

Jane Maybe said...

nice to see you the other day x

Mrs Kate said...

Sounds like you have been making up for lost time - stocking up on the summer wardrobe. Looking forward to seeing you model your new clothes x