Friday 10 July 2009

I’m not T anymore….

This week has been an eventful one. A very long and deep psycho-therapy session earlier in the week, and on top of the hypno sessions I’ve had in recent months, has brought home the facts. For me, it isn’t the XY imbalance, which I’d believed for decades, to be my reason for being T. I now know the reason, am able to deal with it, and have done. Some T-friends have asked me why I need to know. That was my choice, which I decided to take. Anyway, from now, Lisa Karen Devonshire is no more. For the last 30+ months I’d been convinced that there was a certain road to take, and now I realise I didn’t need to go there.

Anyway, this weekend the clothes are coming off the hangers and are being boxed and cleared. Ditto, what’s in the drawers. The make-up is being boxed up, along with the hair, and is going to someone close for safe keeping.

It’ll be no Sparkle for me this weekend, and the start of a new life chapter. Some friends know this already, and as I’ve said to them, we’ll always keep in touch as friends.

Thanks to all for following this blog.

So, it’s goodbye from her…

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm delighted for you. I wish you the very best for the future, and hope your life takes a fulfilling course.

I'm sure this will have been accompanied with some personal anguish. I am sure you, like I, have been humbled by the kindness and support which T-folk have extended.

Good luck for the future.

chrissieB said...

I wish you all the best on the path you are taking. :)


love
chrissie
xxxx

Kay Denise. said...

I'm pleased you been able to find some answers, luckier than most of us, therefore sincere good wishes for the future.

I have noted you are just putting things away in a safe place, so that suggests "once a TV always a TV", so may see Lisa (or whatever other name you may use) sometime in the future again?

So farewell Lisa and good luck. xx

Emma said...

Aw Lisa, I'm torn between being really happy for you in that you've found your path and being really gutted that I won't see you again. As my journey takes a more progressive route into therapy, it seems that yours ends. You were one of the ones who helped get me out of the door on that fateful day in march last year and I'll always be thankful to you for the kindness and support you showed me that night and on the two other occasions since. I am really happy for you in that you seem to have found peace and a true understanding and I wish you every happiness in the future. Not sure if you've still got my e-mail, but I'd really like it if we could keep in touch, although I understand it if you want to make a clean break of it.

Love Emma x x x

Lucie G said...

I'm happy for you. :)

Diana Richards said...

Our t world will be the poorer without Lisa - you know how much I have appreciated your help and kindness, and the good times we have shared.
Sincerest good luck in your chosen path and may only good things happen to you.
Di
xxx

Jane Maybe said...

Hey Lisa i heard about this on saturday.
Like Kay denise said does this gender disphoria ever leave us ?
if you do see me out and about please say "Hi" you still gave something back to the "Scene" with the meals and i am sure a lot of new girls will miss that.
Bon Voyage
Lisa

Mandy B said...

I can only add my very best wishes to those already given. I owe you a huge debt of gratitude for dragging me kicking and screaming out of the closet. Thank you and good luck on your chosen path.
xx
Mandy