Saturday 28 February 2009

Perspectives?

Last Sunday after Mass, I went for a meal in to town with some friends from Church. As usual, its a friendly mix of TS and TV, but this time we had a GG with us who I was out with for only the second time. A very lovely and friendly girl who has an amazing life challenge. She has to take 28 tablets a day to survive (that's 26 more than me!), her body immunity system is shot to pieces, and she can't work regularly. She has to watch what she eats, and suffers after certain foods, so that she can still have a social life. And boy, can she talk for England!

Yes, I did go back to her flat afterwards (no etchings involved) to try out a very scrummy home-made apple crumble mix!I've also learnt a little bit more about the L side of LGTB!

Thanks D, for your friendship!

1 comment:

Tawny Karen said...

I've always thought meeting people and learning about the challenges they face opens you to a wider reality.
It sounds like you had a good day.