Sunday 25 January 2009

Christmas-time in Blackpool

Renaissance had their annual meal in early December, and I went along with Becky, to join up with about 30 other girls. It was in a private function room in a hotel near the North Pier, and the meal was good, but the seating arrangements were not brilliant. Certainly no top marks for organizational skills there. But, we made the most of it and danced a fair bit, and were later joined by a group of resident pensioners from Liverpool (classic line from the drag DJ when they came in: ‘watch out, mind your handbags!’).

Thanks to Becks and her ‘block-bookings-at-prices-as-cheap-as-chips’ I was able to stay over at the new Travelodge in Blackpool, and then the next day I went over to the Trafford Centre for some Christmas shopping. As I was checking in, there were quite a few smartly dressed couples in the reception area, as I found out they were going to a Rock FM Christmas Charity event. But, sadly, by the time I came down, they’d gone. I think I might have enjoyed mingling for a bit, for the reaction!

No comments: