Thursday 29 January 2009

T-time

I’ve been spending a fair bit of time at the Trafford Centre in the evenings during the last few weeks, just browsing around and chatting to some lovely girls who work on various counters in the big stores at Selfridges and John Lewis. Carol from Dior has given me a load of skin care samples, and a lovely brown mascara sample to try out. She’s lovely.

Then a couple of weeks ago I had the full-on makeover from Emmalee at MAC, after they’d cancelled the one booked for the week before due to staff sicknesses! She did a great job, and was pleased herself. She said that most MAC t-makeovers are done at Kendals on Deansgate, where it’s a bit more private. I hadn’t given it any thought, the fact that they take all your makeup off and start again, with people passing by behind you. It made me think how terrified I was 2 years ago going in to the MAC branch in Liverpool, for my first time.

2 comments:

Tawny Karen said...

Think I may have to take a trip to Kendals to have a look.
I really can't imagine you being terrified. I'm a long way off your confidence level. Doubt I'll ever get near it.
Kaz

Lisa Karen Devonshire said...

Hi Kaz! You'll be ok in Kendals next week. Have a chat with the MAC girls at the back, and then lose yourself in the lovely fashions on the upper floors. A work of warning though: the sales aren't on anymore!